A Website that Looks Good and is User-Friendly
- It needs to be visually appealing.
- It needs to be easy to navigate.
- It needs to be easy to find what you’re looking for.
- It needs to be easy to read (both on desktop and mobile).
And if your website doesn’t fit within the above requirements, it’s time for a redesign! A responsive design will ensure that everyone can access all the information they need, regardless of whether they use a laptop or smartphone. If your site isn’t responsive yet, consider prioritizing that in the near future so that your business can reach more customers than ever before!
Website Needs to be Optimized for Search Engines
It’s important to think about how your website will show up in search engine results. The first thing that comes to mind is keywords, which are the words or phrases users type into a search engine when looking for something on the web. But there are other factors that Google uses to determine where your website will rank in the SERPs (search engine result pages).
- Alt tags: alt tags describe images from text so that they can be read by people using screen readers. They should contain descriptive information about what an image contains and not just an image name like “image1.”
- Meta descriptions: meta descriptions are simply short summaries of each page on your site. These appear below your title tag on search engine results pages (SERPs), so it’s important that they’re relevant and compelling!
- Title tags: title tags are essentially headlines for each page or post on your site; you want them to be clear, concise, descriptive of what the page offers, but also optimized for SEO purposes like keywords and phrases used throughout the content itself as well as within links pointing elsewhere online (more on those later).
The Business Needs to be Listed on Relevant Directories
Business directories are an important part of any local business marketing strategy. A directory is a website that lists various businesses and their contact details, usually including links to each company’s website, map location, and more. Directories include everything from large sites like Yelp to niche sites such as Angie’s List (which focuses on home services), but the more relevant your business is to theirs, the better your listing will be ranked in search results.
Businesses can list themselves on many different types of directories for free—and sometimes even get paid! But there are also paid versions where you can add extra information about your company or pay for placement at the top of a category in search results. The majority of these listings are free though; as long as you keep up with updating them, when necessary, they’re worth adding because they’re easy ways to get links back to your site and drive traffic through social media shares too!
The Business Needs to be Accurate and updated on Google Business Profile
Google Business Profile is a free service that allows you to create a profile for your business on Google’s search engine results pages. To create a profile, go to www.google.com/business, and then click “Manage Now” in the top-right corner of the screen. Select “Create Account” then follow the on screen instructions.
Social Media Profiles Should be Set-up, Optimized and Posted from Regularly
Social media is such a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. It’s a great way to reach customers, engage them and build awareness of your business. Social media makes it easy to build trust and community, two things that are important to local businesses.
The best part? You can set up, optimize and post from anywhere in the world!
Designing and printing marketing collateral like fliers and business cards
Designing and printing marketing collateral such as fliers, postcards and business cards is a great way to build brand awareness. Creating the right design will make your company memorable, which could lead to new customers. For example, if you’re an electrician, you may want to create an eye-catching flier with the words “Electrical services guaranteed” on it. You can also use this type of marketing collateral to build trust with potential customers by including testimonials or even a picture of yourself in uniform—allowing them to see that you’re experienced and professional.
Finally, creating these types of marketing materials helps build loyalty among existing clients because they will be reminded how much value they received from working with you in the past when they receive your latest flyer (or whatever it happens to be).
Building Inbound Links to Increase Brand Awareness
Link building is a process of getting other websites to link to your website. It’s one of the most important things you can do for SEO, because it helps search engines better understand the value of your content. If a site links to you, they are essentially vouching for you and telling the search engine that they think your content is valuable enough to share with their readers (and potential customers).
Building quality backlinks should be one of the highest priorities when promoting any local business online. There are several ways to build inbound links:
- Build relationships with other businesses and organizations in your niche. This will help them see what kind of person you are, making them more likely to want to work with you later on down the road.
- Create content that is valuable or interesting enough that people want to share it—whether through social media or by linking directly from their website pages/blog posts/etc.
There are a Lot of Different Ways a Local Business Can Market Itself
- Local businesses can market themselves in many different ways.
- Marketing is an investment that takes time and money to see returns, but it’s one of the best investments you can make.
- Marketing allows local businesses to reach new customers and grow their business by providing value for their target audience.
- Marketing can be done in house or outsourced, depending on the company’s resources and goals for growth.
Marketing your local business is a lot of work, but it’s vital for the success of any company. As you can see, there are many different strategies to choose from when planning out your advertising campaigns and social media posts. If you have any questions about which strategy would work best for your brand or how much time/money it will take then be sure to contact us.
Let us help you take your business to the next level, schedule a Sales Flow Acceleration Today.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.